While we adults have to do with limited widgets and gizmos, children have virtually an unlimited range of toys and items to choose from. From dolls to tea sets, ball games to tablets, there is just so much that is available within the market for children to play with and enjoy.
While new toys and line-ups continue to make it into the market, some toys have always been fascinating and have attracted humongous attention from the world. One of these is a fresh line-up of kids’ motorcycles.
If your child watches cartoons or pretends and play videos on YouTube, there is a good chance the child may have come across hundreds of videos where motorcycles are features. Alternatively, it might be you who decided to buy one and introduce your child to the wonders of riding a bike in a safe environment. Either way, choosing the best kids’ motorcycle is tough and tricky.To help you get started, here is a list that will look at the top 5 kids’ motorcycles, which would make a worthy gift for the holidays.
These are The Recommended Kids Motorcycle
|Product Name||Max Weight||Age||Battery|
|Razor MX350 (Our pick)||140 lbs||8 - 15 years||24V|
|TRazor Pocket (Runner-up)||170 lbs||5 - 13 years||24V|
|12V Police (Upgrade pick)||110 lbs||3 - 9 years||12V|
|Lil' Rider||120 lbs||3 - 8 years||6V|
|Best Choice||100 lbs||2 - 5 years||6V|
All of these come in various designs, features, and speeds. To make the experience safer, it is recommended to invest in safety gear such as elbow/knee pads and a helmet.
Best Choice Products 6V Kids Dirt Bike – Best for 3+ Years Old
The Best Choice Products name continues to impress customers and children alike with their durable and safe children’s motorcycles. This 6V kids dirt bike is a perfect example to showcase the safety features and comfort offered for the kids.
The 6V dirt bike comes with realistic features such as an exhaust pipe, a sports engine, and carefully designed treaded tires. There is quite a lot that the bike offers for the children to love and enjoy. It offers looks, comfort, and good value for money overall.
When choosing the best kids’ motorcycles, it is understood that our top priority is the safety of our children. The Best Choice Products 6V Kids Dirt Bike offers safety all around. With a limited top speed of 2MPH, the bike will operate in a safe manner. There are other safety features that add even greater protection for the child from falls or injuries.
The bike comes preloaded with safe and secure training wheels for immaculate balance. Your child can ride safely and have fun without ever worrying about falling off or losing balance while riding. The bike comes with a simple on/off button to provide ease to both the parent and the child. Switch it on, and the bike is ready to go.
The bike is brimming with safety features and comes with some extra components to further add to the experience for the children.
While the bike boasts some good features, there are a few things that could have been improved to make the bike a little more special than it is.
- Colorful Decals – To give the bike a more appealing look and feel.
- A fully functioning headlight.
- Built-in Music for children to love and enjoy while riding the bike.
- 6V rechargeable battery.
- 3 different colors to choose from; Red, Orange, and Green.
- The bike is a little too slow.
- Training wheels wear off rather quickly – Finding new ones might be hard.
- The maximum weight capacity is 44 pounds only.
- Might not be suitable for children who are more than 6 years old due to low and limited weight capacity.
The 3-Wheel Chopper Trike Motorcycle – Best for 4 Years Old
To be honest, motorcycles are always incredibly fun to ride. While there are many kinds of motorbikes out there, a chopper always stands out as the ideal one. Known for their sheer size, smooth ride, and powerful personality, these are generally seen in big feature films and cartoons alike. Even the kids know what a chopper bike is these days. Hence, the 3-Wheel Chopper Trike by Lil’ Rider deserves to be on the list of the best kid’s motorcycles.
Designed with children’s safety in mind, there are some incredible safety features that are expected, and the 3-wheel chopper trike delivers on all fronts exceptionally well.
The 3-Wheel Chopper trike comes preloaded with a 1-2-wheel formation, which automatically increases the stability of the motorcycle. Unlike its 2-wheeled competitors, you do not need separate training wheels to get the immaculate balance this offers. Simply unpack, assemble, and your kid will already be on his/her way to some classy motorcycle ride.
Great stability means a safer ride every time your child takes the motorcycle out for a joy ride. With a top speed of 3 MPH, your young ones are in for one of the smoothest and safest rides toy motorcycles can offer.
The Lil’ Rider 3-Wheel Chopper Trike comes with safety and features, which are sure to make the overall experience both fun and secure for the children and the parents.
While the bike offers some incredible features, there are a few issues that need to be addressed.
- V-Twin Styling – Makes the entire motorcycle look realistic.
- Maximum Weight Capacity of 50W lbs.
- Forward and Reverse – No need to pull it back from corners. Simply switch the drive mode and reverse.
- Rechargeable Battery – Easy rechargeable batteries with long runtimes.
- Perfect for indoors and outdoors.
- Washable – This makes it even more fun for the children.
- Recommended age is between 24 months to 4 years old – Anyone above that might not be able to operate it.
- It is a lot smaller than you might imagine.
- Foot-operated – Your child may not reach the paddle or might struggle with the concept of foot pedals at first.
- The battery dies rather quickly – Quite a few customers have complained about the battery dying sooner. While there is no confirmation to do, it is still something worth considering before buying the trike.
National Product’s 12V Police Motorcycle – Best for 5- to 9- Years Old’s
Whether your child loves pretending as a police officer, or simply has a passion for motorcycles, they will love this. The National Product’s 12V Police Motorcycle is big, stylish, and comes with all the features the previous two have missed out on.
Your children will be riding this bike with authority, genuine sounds, and incredible safety. Offering a state-of-the-art rechargeable battery, long runtime, and larger weight capacity, this bike is a solid contender to be in the top three best kids’ motorcycle list.
The 12V Police Motorcycle comes with all the decals expected on a police motorcycle, hence making the experience more authentic and enjoyable. With added storage compartment in the back, the bike offers tremendous value for money and serves as one of the finest gifts for children this holiday season.
The bike needs no additional safety features, such as safety training wheels, as it is a 3-wheeled bike. This means your child can ride the back at maximum speed and still be safe and sound. The flashing hazard and signal lights further add to the experience, making this one unique motorcycle for the kids.
Needless to say, the bike already seems to be promising, but there are more features that make this a true value-for-money product.
This bike does appear to be a better buy compared to the previous entries in the list. However, there are a few areas that may be taken into consideration.
- Realistic Sound effects – police sirens and sound effects come pre-loaded.
- All lights work – Headlights, Taillights, signals, and hazards.
- 12V rechargeable battery – Bigger battery means more runtime and power.
- 2 Forward and 1 reverse speed – 2.5 and 5.0 MPH speeds along with a reversing speed of 2.5 MPH.
- Hand Accelerator – Making the experience even better.
- Sideview mirrors.
- 5 to 9 years old is the recommended age.
- Maximum weighing capacity of 110 lbs – That is a lot compared to what others have to offer.
- The item alone weighs 41 pounds – Which is almost twice as heavy as the last two entries.
- You need separate batteries for the siren – The main battery operates the driving modes only.
Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter – Best for Girls
When discussing motorcycles, we cannot overlook the simplistic and elegant scooters. Scooters are one of the finest inventions to have existed. Offering lightweight, balanced rides and safer speeds, these were designed to offer an easier way to commute from point A to point B.
Of course, when we talk about children and kids, they aren’t always 5 to 9 years old. We have teenagers who would need something more than just toy bikes, flashing the colors of a police motorcycle. Razor has picked up the concept and made the scooter into a motorcycle that teenagers can come to love and enjoy.
The Razon Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter is a scaled-down version of electric scooters. With an incredible range of 8 to 10 miles, these miniature scooters can travel at speeds of 15 miles per hour, making it safe for teenagers to commute through their neighborhoods.
The speed is achievable by a chain-driven motor, as you would expect in any scooter. It delivers maximum power transfer and allows for an incredibly smooth ride for teenagers, whether it is for leisure or to meet their friends in the neighborhood.
The Razor’s Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter is an ideal gift for teenagers of today. While these offer a perfect blend of safety with speed, there are some other features that further add to the ride quality and safety.
- Variable-speed acceleration – Unlike children’s motorcycles, you can control how much speed you need.
- Single Speed – The teenagers do not have to worry about changing gears to achieve various speeds.
- Long battery range – Up to 10 miles at most on a single charge.
- 7 different colors and styles to choose from – whether you need a scooter for a girl or a boy, there are numerous designs to fit the need.
- Retractable kick-stand – Easy for parking purposes.
- Storage compartment under the seat.
- Pneumatic tires for smooth rides across the neighborhood.
- The bike is heavy – Weighs around 63.1 pounds on its own.
- You may need additional training wheels as this is a two-wheeled vehicle.
Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike – Best for 6 Years Old
We have seen choppers and police patrol bikes. We have gone through classic scooters and children’s bikes as well, but when it comes to motocross bikes, they are just a class apart. Known for their sturdiness, agility, speed, and smooth ride over the toughest terrains, these are an icon in the world of motorsports and motorcycles. A list for the best kids’ motorcycles would never be complete or true without mentioning a motocross bike.
Making its way to the very top of this list is yet another product of Razor. The name that brought you the Miniature Electric Scooter now brings forth the MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross bike. Right from the get-go, this motocross bike means business. With its exceptional capability of off-roading, your teenagers are in for a joyous surprise.
The Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross bike fits exceptionally well for teenagers as their holidays or birthday gift. Offering great speed and safety, these bikes will ensure your teenagers have a great time venturing off-roads in the neighborhood and tackling various obstacles in the way.
To make the most of the bike, it is recommended to have your teenagers wear a helmet and safety pads as this is a 2-wheeled vehicle and can easily tip over on sharp turns or when off-balance.
The Razon MX350 Motocross electric bike offers exceptional features. Unfortunately, there are a few things that could have been improved or added to give this bike the best features.
- Smooth ride.
- Speeds up to 14 mph – The speed is quick and should provide great fun for teenagers.
- Hand-operated rear brake – Adding more realistic features is the way forward. With a hand-operated rear brake, your teenager has complete control on the ride.
- Two 12V batteries as one rechargeable unit.
- Twist-grip acceleration.
- High torque.
- Retractable kick-stand – for easy parking.
- Folding footpegs.
- Adjustable riser handlebar.
- Lesser battery runtime – Unlike the scooter, this can only run for 30 minutes.
- It weighs 55.1 lbs – It might not be a lot, but it is still heavy.
The festivities are upon us, and everyone is looking to buy that ultimate present for their loved ones. With so much on offer these days, it is easy to be spoiled for choices, which is why we decided to put together this list.
The listing does not necessarily correspond to the general views and opinions. The rankings are based purely on tests, research, and comparison, after which the list has been finalized.
All of the products mentioned within the list are genuinely great ideas to invest in for your kids and teenagers. These have shown promising results and have great safety features to boast as well.
Whether you aim to look for a gift for your teenage child or for a grandchild who is just 5 years of age, this list should provide you with all the knowledge and insight you need to make your selection process a lot easier. Make this holiday gift the one that your child will remember for ages to come with any of these fine products. They are all available in various stores, both physical and online. With that said, have a safe and great holiday ahead!
Related Buyer’s guides and Best Lists: